Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Monday, June 25, 2012

FAQ

People ask a lot of questions about transgenderism and it's hard to know what to say to answer them. Transgenderism is hard for friends and family to understand, but it is also hard for the trans person as well. I will try to help answer trans people's questions and help them know how to answer their loved ones' questions.

1. What causes transgenderism?
         - Nothing has been proven to cause it. People speculate that it is genetic, just like homosexuality.
        - I had a discussion with my amazing Psychology teacher and he gave me his ideas. It has been proven that homosexuality happens in the womb. You get two washes of testosterone if you are a male. One changes your body and the other changes your brain. He thinks that this is what happens to transgender people. One part changes, and the other doesn't.

2. After surgery, will everyone consider me a male/female?
    - No. No matter what you do, some people just won't accept you. Some people just suck.

3. What did I do wrong as a parent?
    - Nothing. Some kids are trans; it just happens. Once you accept that, you can move on from there. They are still your kid and are still amazing. Love them for who they are.

4. Why can't I be normal?
   - I have asked myself this question many times. But do you know what I have realized? No one is really "normal." Everyone has quirks and habbits and things that make everyone different. You are never alone; there are many other trans people that go through the same things you do. And being "normal" is overrated anyway!


These are all the questions I have right now. If I have missed any of your questions, shoot me an email. I hope these have helped you.
TheAidenApocalypse@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment